How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35067
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My son has a 7 year old daughter who was snatched by his abusive

This answer was rated:

My son has a 7 year old daughter who was snatched by his abusive and alcoholic wife (she has a police record for abuse and drunkeness) and has difficulties in access, social services are aware of what is happening, but we feel that although the child and mother are residing with the wife's mother a lot of the time she is unsupervised as her mother is out socially, frequently, and the child's mother is drinking when left on her own with the child, who is then at risk. Social services are really not helping much and we are worried that sooner or later there will be an accident.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhat contact does your son have with the child?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

One evening mid week after school and every other weekend.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

On e evening a week after school and every other Saturday

Have her school raised any concerns?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We do not know, as her mother is down as the contact, the social worker has been to see the child at school. Please note that I DO NOT WANT A MONTHLY ACCOUNT this was a one off request!

Has your son not spoken to the school at all?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No he has not had reason to so far as until now there has not been reason to.

I am sorry that you felt you had to give a negative rating which impacts on me aloneI have not yet finished gathering information so an not able to give a substantive reply yet. Who involved Social Services?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My son hoping that they would help but they are not acting soon enough with a child we feel may be at risk! This web site keeps asking me for a monthly subscription and I am an old age pensioner and do not wish for a monthly subscription!

Just ignore the site prompts - you do NOT have to agree to any of these.What has actually happened to worry your son?
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

His wife when drunk at her mother's keeps phoning the police to say he is sending threatening emails, which is not true, just messages to ask when she is helping to clear the debts she left him through drinking and smoking, the police are aware and told him to report anything to them. They have put her on a warning which will be on her record for 4 years. The wife's mother is not helping by not accepting that her daughter is an alcoholic, they have told the social worker that there is not a problem. The wife is under warning for trying to stab him when drunk. The poor little girl is in the middle of all this.

has he stopped texting his ex - and how is the child when she visits your son?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Police tell him his texts are not abusive, he feels that his wife and family are trying to black him and put him in the wrong, the little girl is fine when with him but is constantly telling him the "mummy is still drinking "weird wine" when grandma is not looking. We all feel that the child should be in his custody though for her own safety, obviously though the child loves her mother too and wants to be with both of them.