How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35047
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have been paying the mortgage on my ex wife's property each

This answer was rated:

I have been paying the mortgage on my ex wife's property each month since my divorce 10 years ago. In the consent order it says until my youngest has finished her undergraduate education or until she is 21 whichever is the latter. She has now just changed the course to an intergrated masters although it is still called an undergraduate degree I now have to pay an extra year which is not fair these courses were not out when I signed. Please help. Martin
HiThank you for your questionMy name is***** shall do my best to help you but I need some further details firstIs the last year the Masters part?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is that clear from the University paperwork?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We'll I don't know. She was doing an ordinary degree but says has recently changed to the intergrated course. Would have been next summer when she finished but now says it will be simmer 2017 when she will be nearly 23. Can't ask her as is nothing to do with her.. She doesn't get anything from it.
Have you looked at the course details online
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes but just says it is an intergrated masters but is called an undergraduate degree
have you enquired about the details?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No it isn't very friendly between us so don't want her to know anything in untoward all she as said is she has changed to intergratedc. Is there a way of going back to court to get a descion.
Clarified. Without costs of solicitors
The university should give information on a general basis - no names neededIf they confirm that the final year is effectively the Masters year then you can stop paying at the end of three yearsI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We'll it does say. That she has to get 60 per cent or she can't do the masters part I didn't receive a reply as to can I go to court to get the order clarified
There is no basis on which you need to apply to the court - the Order is in fact clear - it ends at the end of Undergraduate study
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you