How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35088
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I hope you can help. My friends mother is unfortunately

This answer was rated:

I hope you can help. My friends mother is unfortunately dying and in the middle of a divorce. Her husband and herself bought a stable yard together, but only his name is ***** ***** deeds. No written agreement or settlement has been reached. Will her children still have any rights to the proceeds from the sale once she has passed?
***** *****
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** shall do my bets to help you but I need some further information firstHow far has the divorce reached?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


About 9months.



What stage has the divorce reached?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Basically no where, he applied for the divorce, both solicitors corresponded initially then neither he nor she continued, so its basically in limbo.

Has the Decree Nisi been granted?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


Then I am afraid that if something happens to his mother the property will remain in the ownership of the father and her children will have no claim on itI am sorry to give bad newsPlease ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you,



You are welcome - although I am sorry
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you