How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34888
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

How would I seek his permission if he has no address and I

This answer was rated:

How would I seek his permission if he has no address and I would not know his whereabouts? If me and my new partner married what are our options for her name to be changed as my relationship involved abuse to which the police were informed off? We have
booked a holiday in April 2016 are we going to experience difficulties?
HiYou would need to use an Enquiry Agent to Trace him - but if that fails then you can ask the court to go ahead in his absenceYour marriage will not change the situation I am afraid.Realistically you are not likely to face any problems when you go on holiday
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Would my new partner be able to adopt her? As he is untraceable
What are my options to remove his Pr?
There are no options for removing his PR unless your new husband does apply to adopt her.At that point Social Services will trace her father and speak to him and his family about the matter.Even if he refuses permission the court MAY still grant the adoption - although there is no guarantee
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you