How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

What would our best option to all be under the same surname?

This answer was rated:

what would our best option to all be under the same surname?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have been made aware from all this from something that has been brought in since February 2015 on the website is this all correct needing others with PR agreement to take a child abroad but it doesn't seem right?
HiThe only options for you to have the same surname are a Court Order or AdoptionIn terms of taking the child abroad whilst technically yes you do need permission the Authorities will only take action if in fact the father makes an applictaion to alert them not likely in your caseClare
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Would you advise to get a court order to change her name to mine then once married change it again am so confused sorry and thank you

There is no guarantee that the Court will grant this - so I suggest that you wait until after the marriage - there is no problem in her having a different names to yours when you travel