How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1441
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

Where do I stand with regards ***** ***** anything husband,

This answer was rated:

Where do I stand with regards ***** ***** anything for my husband, as he is seeing another woman? We still live under the same roof, my name is ***** ***** the mortgage and he has lost his licence recently for drink driving? He says they are not sleeping together but he also tells me he has feelings for her and likes being in her company!
How much do I have to do for him as his wife? Will I have to leave the property as my name is ***** ***** the mortgage?
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will assist you.
I am very sorry to hear about your situation.
Please can I ask -
- how long have you been married?
- have you considered divorce / judicial separation?
- what are the matrimonial assets?
- how old is your child?
Kind Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
16 years together and 7 years married. i dont want a divorce as yet . we have no saveings the only money we have is what goes into the back each month to pay bills and live off and my daughter is 31 with special needs and learning dificultys
Thank you for your response.
Please may I ask?
- how much equity is in the home?
- is your husband still working? Are you? Does he earn more than you?
- do either of you have pensions?
Kind Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
was only enquireing on were i stand as regards ***** ***** the house and what ishould or should not be doing for him ,i am also driveing him too and from work as hes lost his licence when his girlfreind is not available .yes he works i dont as am full time care for daughter , equity in home and he pays into a work pension
Thank you for your response.
I like to be able to give you a full answer - hence the questions.
Specifically in respect of the house - you are entitled to occupy the house even though it is not in your name. To protect your rights of occupation in the home I advise you to complete a Homes Rights Notice.
You should complete the firm and send it to the Land Registry. There is no cost to apply for this notice.
If you do decide to apply for divorce in the future then you should also consider making a claim in respect of the matrimonial finances.
In relation to the matrimonial finances - The correct process for dealing with the matrimonial finances and division is to go through a process known as full and frank financial disclosure. Yourself and your husband would need to exchange full details of all assets ( including pensions) and liabilities before negotiations take place in relation to settlement. Everything is included in disclosure - all assets and all liabilities.
If your earning capacity is less than your husbands then you should also seek spousal maintenance.
The normal rule for division is 50/50 however the matrimonial causes act sets out factors which could lead to a departure from this rule. A few examples are the likely earning capacity of both of you for the future, health needs etc.
You should consider making a referral to a specialist mediation service. They can assist in relation to the process of disclosure and also in relation to negotiations about division. One such mediation service is the National Family Mediation service.
Kind Regards
Please kindly remember to rate positively. No credit is received for our work unless positive feedback is received.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thankyou for that . but could u answer the part on were do i stand as regards ***** ***** for him ie washing cookiong takeing him to and from work please .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sorry about the spelling i didn"t check before i sent it that was cooking .
Thank you for your response.
There is no legislation that states that you have duties to do your husbands cooking, cleaning etc just because you are married. You are under no obligation to do these things if you do not want too.
Kindest Regards
Positive feedback is gratefully received.
ukfamilysolicitor and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you