How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34889
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am recently divorced. My 3 children have been subject to

Customer Question

I am recently divorced. My 3 children have been subject to emotional abuse by the mother [alienation] and were subject to Child Protection, recently stepped down to Child in Need. The Local Authority is not fulfilling its obligations under sections 17
and 47 of the Children Act 1989 and failing to follow large sections of its own statutory procedures. What would be the nature of any compensation claim by me?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHow old are the children and what exactly have the Local Authority done wrong (highlights only at this stage!)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The children are 5, 7 & 7. The LA has failed to provide any therapeutic support as per CP plan & CIN plan - needs having been identified over 20 weeks ago. Procedurally I am marginalised, minutes, reports, plans not created, updated, circulated within statutory timeframes. Key meetings arranged without invitation, chance for representation etc. Poor social work practice etc,
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
have you made a formal complaint?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have a complaint ready to go, but wish to establish compensation grounds before I start the process.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Have you suffered any monetary loss?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Time spent liaising, chasing & physically collecting documentation that should have been provided within statutory timeframes. Time taken off work to attend meetings that have been cancelled with 60mins notice.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can calculate my hourly rate devoted to all this
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Realistically there will not be any major financial compensation and seeking it will simply ensure that your complaint is not given the respect it should be.Meetings are cancelled at short notice so no claim can be made for that - but time spent collecting paperwork you shoudl have received could beSo you need to make sure that the financial claim is modest and more of a "token" contribution to your extra costClare