How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33378
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

My ex has turned my daughter against me by getting her

This answer was rated:

Hi, my ex has turned my daughter against me by getting her to lie, by saying I use to beat her and her mother. It took me to record a conversation with my daughter when she admitted it was my wife that told her to say this, she told people I was a drunk and addicted to prescribed medication.When I do see my daughter she constantly lies.
I have just found out she's taken my daughter out of high school to go on holiday, which gravely concerns me due to it being her first year at high school. We have a separation agreement. I have just found out that she should really get my permission to take her out the country. I'm not sure if this is correct! I would be grateful if you could help guide me in these matters.
Thank you
Is there a court order in place and how long is she taking her out of the country?
Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, but we do have a separation agreement
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I think she has taken her out the country for 2 weeks.
Ok. On the basis that there is no order in place then she should have obtained your permission to take the child out of the country. If this had not been agreed then she could have made an application to court for permission.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That's great, is they're anything I can do about my ex, using my daughter against me and these false allegations?
The key would be for you to decide whether you would want her to live with you or stay with the mother - you can apply to the court to attempt to change where she lives - particularly with this background of parental alienation.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The problem I have is my daughter is 12 and said she will never come to my house.
Ok what would you like to happen?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I would just like the allegations to stop I've spend thousands of pounds getting solicitors letters to my ex. But she never answers any of them. I would like for my daughter to come to my house and stay with my new partner and share weekends with my ex.
Then you would need and should make an application to the court for overnight contact - you may also want to involve the court and for the court to have a lawyer (a guardian) speak to and for your daughter
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was told because she is 12 she has her say whether she wants to have visits or not due to her age.
No that is not strictly true - the older then yes the more that they can vote with their feet so to speak - but the court would not give up on contact at 12.