How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33380
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

If we end up in court, who has more rights. Me or her

This answer was rated:

if we end up in court, who has more rights. Me or her father? I have regular income, just got a mortgage, a stable relationship, she lives with me and my new partner who also has a stable job, I receive nothing from her dad. Yes I'm the one that's moved
away but will that affect my case?
Do you both have parental responsibility?
Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
we are other on her birth certificate but he has only been on for a year and half, she's five now
OK on that basis you would both have equal responsibilities/rights to the child. The fact that the child lives with you is very important. There are books on amazon which you can but which will tell you how to represent yourself in the family court - this would prove very helpful to you if you can not afford a lawyer