How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33393
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

I have been told by my ex-husband that he will be stopping

This answer was rated:

I have been told by my ex-husband that he will be stopping my £280 month maintenance at Xmas because he has been made redundant I have 2 boys aged 18&16 both are still in full time education , our payment plan was made on a voluntary basis over 10 years ago. The woman who was his partner with her own 3 children has left him and his sons do not spend any time living with him I have also been made redundant and I am finding things a bit tough.
Under a voluntary arrangement you would normally have to either instigate court proceedings or make an application to CMS. The fact is that if he no longer has any or much money coming in then clearly it is going to be very difficult for him to make much of a payment - you can of course seek proof of the redundancy - but your options are going to be somewhat limited. Happy to discuss. Please rate positive
Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you