How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I am divorcing and I hold a decree nisi. I now have a first

Customer Question

I am divorcing and I hold a decree nisi. I now have a first directions trial on 24th November and preparing documentation for it. I am self representating as I have run out of funding for my case. Have I put myself in a vulnerable situation? Case involves
assets including the matrimonial home. we have not as yet reached agreement to create a consent order which would be less costly. Respondent stays there does not want to move wants me to move into another house in the same area. Must I have a barrister to
attend? I am the petitioner?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is***** shall do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhat is the extent of the assets and what income do you each have?How long were you living together and are there any children involved?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello I am fully employed, I work 33 hrs a week my income is around the £23-25k bracket per year before deductions. Ex is self employed and his business is property lettings (4 properties) has business partners. I x marital home and I live in my flat moved out of home early 2011. married 2001 living together until 2011 (10 yrs) There are 4 children of the family. We have 3 kids together, young kids 8 (boy), 9 (girl) and 12 yr old (girl). he has 4 kids she is older than my kids, she was born in 2001.
he claims to be making £15k. We have both produced form E's which are now filed at court. he has since Sat posted his questionnaire to me to provide some answers derived from my form E. I need to do the same for his and also file with court and anything else as necessary.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
£15k per year??
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Who do the children live with?How much are the properties worth?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We agreed on a shared responsibility. They live with both at 50% of our time each. Also dad moved his girlfriend in, in 2011 and her daughter (from another partner of hers), they are all living in our home. The properties in total are worth over £1mil. we have outstanding mortgages - sorry I do not have paperwork in front of me.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Best guess on the figures for each of the properties