How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34902
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have been divorced 5 years. I pay my ex wife spousal

Customer Question

I have been divorced 5 years. I pay my ex wife spousal maintenance ( joint lives ) and agreed child maintenance for 2 children until they are 18 or until first degree course ( they are 17 & 19 ) I've just been informed by my employer that I have been put
at risk of redundancy ( 14 day consultancy ). I'm not sure if I will be placed in a different role or what the package might be if not I have remarried and have 2 additional children ( 10 months and 2 years ) my new wife does not work. My ex wife is entitled
to 35% of my bonuses Again I don't know whether the package will have just statutory redundancy , pro rata bonus or an ex gratis payment. How should I proceed ? Should I notify my ex ? If I get a lump sum can she claim some if it ? Should I tell the courts
to vary orders ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhen will you know for certain?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi. The 5th november
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
As soon as you know then you need to make contact with your ex - using Family mediation - to discuss the changes that will be needed.If she refuses to agree to a reduction then you will need to apply to the court for a downward variation (or even dismissal) of the maintenance for her and your eldest childYou can arrange for the CMS (new CSA) to deal with the maintenance of the younger child - it will be 12% of 86% of your income at mostYour ex will only have a claim on any monies received by way of Pay in Lieu of Notice.I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare