How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33537
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

I will be brief i hope.i divorced in 1999 the house was not

This answer was rated:

i will be brief i hope.
i divorced in 1999 the house was not settled because my ex would not co operate and i ran out of money and patience.
i have paid no mortgage payments since 1999.
today out of the blue i have letter from a solicitor asking me to sign over my interest in the house for £1000.
where do i stand on this?
can i negotiate?
You can completely negotiate. You would want to know the value of the house and an explanation of this offer. Happy to discuss. Please rate positive
Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the value of the house is £70 -80k

could i force the sale of the house if she refuses a counter offer?

there are no children involved.

i really want to know how to reply to a solicitor who obviously knows more than i ?

You potentially can force a sale - but you should try and negotiate
my pleasure