How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33530
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

My husband used the police to take my 3 year old son away from

This answer was rated:

My husband used the police to take my 3 year old son away from me
After a full year of arguments & abuse
From him
This just happened
Can the police take my son from me &
How do I get my son back
Is this a matter in court? What exactly did the police do?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just happened an hour ago
We had agreed I will move out of our home & the father will sell it. As we decided to go our separate ways. But as I was moving my belongings out the father came with the police & took my son. The police said I would have to go through the courts
I would make an application to the court tomorrow for a child arrangement order and a prohibitive steps order. You can do this in the local family court and it can be without notice. You can basically make the application at court. You will need to explain to the court what happened and as best you can why. You can get a solicitor to represent you or you can buy books on the subject on amazon about how to represent yourself in the family court. Follow these steps to apply for a court order.Read the guidance - in the C100It costs £215 to apply for a court order.Please rate positive
Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you