How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35054
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My ex wont let me see my daughter and when she does she has

Customer Question

My ex wont let me see my daughter and when she does she has to be there. She is also refusing to put me on the birth certificate. What can I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhen was the baby born?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks claire she was born in august thus year
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
How often have you seen her since then?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Atleast twice a week. She is now getting funny about me seeing her
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
How long each time?What is her objection?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
An hour when I take her money to her and at least 4-5 hours on a weekend day.She won't let me have her on her own, she has once when she had somewhere to be but she won't anymore
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
I have to ask - is there any reason (drink drugs mental health) why she should be concerned at all?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No nothing
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank youThe law says that a child is entitled to contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessaryThe baby is still very tiny so little and often is the guide for contact BUT you do need to be able to start having the child on your own - maybe taking her out for short periods of time to see other family members etcYour starting point is to try and discuss matters with your ex using Family ask for a progression of contact - using a Contact Centre to start with if need the same time you should ask if she is willing to re-register the birth or sign a Parental Responsibility Agreement to give you Parental Responsibility for your childIf mediation is not successful then you will need to apply to the court for a Child Arrangement Order setting out the time the child spends with you - and a Parental Responsibility Order giving you PR - both are applied for at the same time!I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details