How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35042
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

How do I change a divorce petition from unreasonable behaviour

This answer was rated:

How do I change a divorce petition from unreasonable behaviour to adultery? I completed a D11 application to vary an existing order and the judge has advised that he is unclear what I am seeking to amend and if I am seeking to amend the petition I need to apply to do so. I am unclear as what he now requires so would appreciate some legal advice.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWill the other party admit the adultery?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare,

Yes my estranged husband is happy to do that.



Will he put that in writing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes he is able to email me stating that fact.

Excellent newsThe starting point is to get him to send you a letter confirming that he will agree to a divorce based on his Adultery.Once you have that then you need to amend your divorce petition.Take a copy of it Cross out the part of Part 5 that refers to Unreasonable Behaviour and put a Red Cross in the Adultery box.Cross out everything you have put in Box 6 out the new details in and underline the changes in RedResign and re date and underline those in red as wellThen complete a new D11 asking for Permission to amend the Petition as set out in the D8 attachedI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks Claire, I really appreciate your help with this.

Best regards


You are most welcome - I hope all goes well
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you