How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I am going thru a very painful divorce with an evil husband

Customer Question

I am going thru a very painful divorce with an evil husband who married me for my families wealth. I need to know if I can REMOVE my inheritance (my flat) from the divorce proceedings so he CANNOT make any claim on it for the following reasons
1) he neither contributed nor paid any household bills
2)he never carried out any upkeep or maintenance on my property leaving it shabby
3)my inheritance was NEVER put in joint names
4)in my opinion her contributed NOTHING to the care of my property but now seeks to take it all from me.
I suffer from several serious illnesses - M.E, adrenal Fatigue and others since 1995 preventing me from ever working again. So I also had requested maintenance from him that he has never paid leaving me struggling to live on whats left of my savings.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your questionI shall do my best to help you but need some further information firstHow long were you living togetherWhat are each of the assets worth and what income do you each have?