How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

How do I apply of a divorce court order?

This answer was rated:

How do I apply for copy of a divorce court order?
Hi, thank you for your question. I will need further information - how long have you been married and are you and your wife resident in England & Wales?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Resident in England.

Divorce granted Milton Keynes court 2001.

Thank you. You can write to the Court quoting the divorce case number ***** request a copy of the Decree Absolute - I would suggest that you telephone the court to request confirmation of the charge, which should be £10.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I had loss of documents due to water damage dome years ago. Am I able to provide other details or search online to obtain case number?

I would suggest you provide the Court with the full names of both parties and the date the Decree Absolute was made, however the Court will charge a higher fee for the application, which should be £45.
Harris and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Hi Conrad,

I hope this was of assistance. To make it easier to obtain the Decree Absolute you may want to submit a form D440 to court -