How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33380
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

My partner has lived with me at my home in Berkshire

This answer was rated:

My partner has lived with me at my home in Berkshire for 14months but we are splitting up. She contributes to the household by buying the groceries only, the property is owned by me only. We are not married and there are no children involved.
Is she entitled to any share in the property?
Then unless there is an agreement in place between the two of you that she does in fact have an interest (basically you would need to have agreed this between the two of you) she would not have any interest in the property. In law she would basically be your lodger or licensee. As such she has not interest. I hope that this helps. Please rate positive
Thomas Judge and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you