How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Hope you can please help. My daughter has a one year

Customer Question

Hello. Hope you can please help. My daughter has a one year old who lives with her but babys dad had him as usual for a few days three weeks ago and refuses to give him back. His parents are also refusing. My daughter and him were never married but he is on the birth certificate. He gets no state income for him. He wont even let my daughter see him. What are her rights please. We are desperate and heartbroken . Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I am sorry to hear about your daughter's problem seeing her child.
It appears that she already has an application with the court - what order has she applied for, has the application been issued and a hearing listed?