How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now
Family Law
This answer was rated:

My husband has to spend time at his ex partners house to see

his daughter has been doing... Show More
his daughter has been doing so for 6 years. His daughter is 11 years old should this be the case. We ahve been married for 10 years. please help us.
Show Less
Ask Your Own Family Law Question
Thank you for your question. Just to confirm, your husband's ex-partner supervises him during his visits and she only allows him to see their daughter at her home? If this is correct, has she explained why she wishes for this to continue?
Such proposals for supervised contact should not be made unless there are concerns about the level of care a parent is providing to a child.
I would suggest that your husband contacts a local mediator (you can search here: in an attempt to reach an amicable agreement with his ex-partner to provide for more reasonable proposals to be made. If mediation fails or does not progress, and his ex-partner refuses to agree to reasonable proposals then your husband would need to submit an application to Court for a child arrangement order.
Hi Claire,

Hope this information was of assistance. Have you managed to progress matters?


HH Solicitor