How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35048
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

If i have a court order from 7.8.81 can i take

This answer was rated:

if i have a court order from 7.8.81 for maintenance can i take it to court for my ex to pay me this as never been canceled
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
When did payments actually stop?
is this child or spouse maintenance?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it was for me spouse
When did the payments stop and why?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
he never payed me it was for 5p a year
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
but my DLA as been stop and i'v no money to live on
So it was a nominal maintenance order - with no expectation of paymentWhat has happened now to make you think it needs to change?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i have no money and my DLA as been stop
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
so is there anything i can do
What have you done in the intervening 35 years?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i was a nurse but was rape in July 1995 By a hospital porter they as me to leave in 1999...i have Bi-polar and have a 117 under the mental health act..but with the new p.i.p payment they have stop and had no money coming in but my nhs pension and £79.04 eesa per two week
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
but i still have a 117
Have you remarried at all?What is the financial position of your ex?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no i have never remarried and he as more then enough big pay out with from police when he retied and work's fire arm's for the police and queen i believe
Did you have any children together and what capital settlement was made?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
we had one child he payed £80 per month never change in 14 year's there was no capital i payed him £2.000.00 from sale of house which my solicitor should have told me to keep it but i feel he was helping him
he was in the armed forcers then
How long were you living together?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
five year's
How old are you now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
59 year's and 9 month's
Technically you can make the application for spouse maintenance - BUT your chances of success are very minimal given the length of the time since the separation and the fact that the reason you have had to stop working was nothing to do with your ex and his behaviour.If you can accept that there is only a remote chance of success then toy can arrange to attend a Mediation Information and Assessment Meeting - a mandatory prerequisite before making a Court Application.I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you