How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33369
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

Can you help. My girlfriend is still living with her husband.

Customer Question

Hi. Can you help. My girlfriend is still living with her husband. She wants to divorce him. They have been married 3 years. The house is in her name. The mortgage is in her name and he has hardly paid anything towards the mortgage or the upkeep to the house.
My question is what is he actually entitled too? Is he entitled to half?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your email.
The Court will consider all the circumstances of the case, including the contributions of both parties, the needs of both parties and any children of the family and then decide what would be an equitable split of the assets.
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
I will see if I can help. How long were they together? Are there children?