How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have a court order against me that means I have to grant

This answer was rated:

I have a court order against me that means I have to grant access to my children's grandmother and their uncle. It was written 5 years ago and the grandmother is dead.
Is the court order still applicable?
HIThank you for your questionMy name is***** shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.How old are the children and when did they last see their Uncle?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Now 14 and 12 they see him 6 times a year as per court order

Court order originally said 3 times had to be overnight but the uncle never asked for a weekend until recently

Do the children want to stay with him?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes. My problem is the frequency in that the number of weekends they have free now is so low as they are both very active / sport / school / social - I don't really want to go back to court but I did wonder that as one party was dead whether the court order was still valid. I am happy for him to see them.

The Order still stand and it is unlikely that the Courts would see three overnights a year as being excessiveI am sorry not to give you better newsPlease ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your help.

You are welcome I am sorry not to give you better news