How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33388
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

I got son and now he is 9 years old. His father lived

This answer was rated:

Hello. I got son and now he is 9 years old. His father lived with me about 13 years. My
X -partner didn't want to put his father name on Birth Certificate for our son. Why? I don't know. He always said he love him. After whole, when my son was 6 years old I find out my partner have another family with child 1,5 years old. Afterward we had separated, but he hadn't left us alone, he phoned us every day few times, coming, argue , make emotional imbalance in our home. He still live with another family and got now new 2 children. But he still irritate us, demand to see my son and get him to new family. Threaten going to the court to reconstruction his parents rights. To be honest, I'm not trust this men, he tried to teach my son lie to me. he give my son bad influence. Question: Can My x-partner reconstruction his parents rights without my agree? Thank you.
Hi, thank you for your question.
Can I check - were you married to the father when you son was born?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We aren't married. He paid private school now for my son and manipulate every time with us with this. On begin of every school term we are not sure he had paid or not.
Thank you. As the father is not on the birth certificate he does not have parental responsibility and the only way that he can obtain parental responsibility is if you agree to it and enter into a signed written agreement or if the Court grant him a parental responsibility order. However, even though he does not have parental responsibility he still has a right to see the child as he is the father. I would suggest that you attend mediation with the father to discuss these issues.
When do you intend to divorce?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you But if he got more money than me, The Court could grant him parental responsibility and let him take away my son? We are not living more than three years and I always allowed him to spend time with my son two or three times a week. But now he want to take my son to house where he live now and also to abroad., with I disagree.
Let me help. Has he made an application yet for a child arrangement order?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I think not yet, probably soon he will.
My colleague was right that he would need to apply to the court for parental responsibility because he is not on the birth certificate. You already have parental responsibility as you are the child's other and you CANNOT lose this. The fact that the child has always lived with you and the father has had very limited involvement basically means that it is very unlikely that the court even if it allows him contact would agree to him living with the child. Money makes no difference in these types of cases. There are some really good books on this topic on amazon which explain in detail the whole process - how to represent yourself in the family court and for a tenner would be really helpful to you. Happy to discuss but please rate positive
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My pleasure - please rate positive. Thanks - if you have any further questions then please do not hesitate to come back to me
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33388
Experience: Over twenty-five years experience
Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Hi, just checking to see if you had any further questions regarding this issue. Please rate positive if you found the information helpful.