How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Just want to know what to do when a person is taken by

Customer Question

Hi , just want to know what to do when a person is taken by the police for being accused of domestic assault ? My brother was taken today , 7th November at around 7 pm by the police as his wife did a report today for something that she is telling that
he did on last Wednesday , 4th November . I don't really know if my brother was violent or not but I know she is a doubt person , always lying to get what she wants . If they argue , yes I believe . As since tomorrow she left home with kids , 7 years and 16
months old ) and gave no notice to us about childrens wellbeing after a plenty attempts of phone calls , text messages . Today he decided to go to his wife friends house and childrens were there , but they denied his contact with children . After a few minutes
they called the police and police arrived and my sister in law said that my brother was violent with her on Wednesday . He was taken by the police and til present moment I didn't received any phone call from him , don't know if they asked for an interpreter
as he doesn't speake English at all . What can I do to help my brother ? Which are his rights ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
I am dealing with this on your other post