How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My husband wants to divorce me after convincing me to move

Customer Question

My husband wants to divorce me after convincing me to move here and put our kids in boarding school. He wants me to sell our house in Singapore which he said that I could keep a home there (when we first bought it). The house is under my name and it had subsequently rose a lot in value. What are my rights? I am here on spousal visa and want to be near my kids. I have no job and he has not given me a credit card, only occasional money. I feel it was a plot.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. I am a qualified family solicitor.
How long have you been married and what are the ages of your children?
What is your husband's financial position and has he submitted a divorce application?
Please rate positive if you are happy with the response.
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, just chasing a response to the questions above so that I can answer your question.