How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My daughter is leaving her husband with 4 yr old daughter ..

Customer Question

My daughter is leaving her husband with 4 yr old daughter .. It may be contentious, how should she protect her rights
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. I am a qualified family law solicitor.
Initially she should suggest that they attend mediation so that they can agree arrangements for each parent to continue their relationship with their daughter so that their separation has the least impact on her. She can find local mediators here:
If mediation is unsuccessful them she would have passed the gateway in order to pursue a court application dorna child arrangement order which can be submitted under a Form c100 to her local family court.
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, just following up to see if you have any further questions. Please rate positive if you found the information above helpful.