How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1373
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

I'm separating/getting a divorce from my child dad and he

Customer Question

Hi I'm separating/getting a divorce from my child dad and he has move out and promise every weekend he will come to collect our daughter and do something with her put he don't do anything with her or come to collect her since he moved out in April he don't take her out like to the park or bowling or something like that I keep trying to let him have contact just he comes and goes when it suits him and I want him to have her Friday night Saturday night and brings her back Sunday how can I go about getting him to have her weekends with out fail as our daughter gets upset when he tells her he is coming and don't show and don't answer the phone either she is 7 years old
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will assist you.
I am very sorry to hear about your current situation. It must be very upsetting for your daughter to be continually let down by her father.
I note that you have tried to promote contact but you ex appears to lack commitment.
The difficulty that you have is that the court cannot force your ex to be a better father. Even if you had a court order in place specifying the time that your daughter spends with her father - there is very little a court can do to enforce such an order if the father is not committed to turning up.
I would recommend that you consider referring this matter to mediation. There are lots of mediation services and there will be one local to you. One such national service is
Mediation will help try and agree a schedule as to the time that your daughter spends with her father.
If the father continues with his current approach of just not bothering it may be worth you restricting the time that you have offered - so as to minimise the emotional impact on your daughter if her getting prepared for her father to show and then being let down.
Please do not hesitate to ask if I can clarify anything for you.
Kind Regards
Please kindly remember to rate positively so that we receive credit for our work
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Please do not hesitate to say if I can assist you further,
If you have found the information helpful I would be grateful if you could kindly press accept do that we receive credit for our time.
Kind Regards