How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My son has been having court ordered supervised contact(supervised

Customer Question

My son has been having court ordered supervised contact(supervised by s/services) with his father following a sex offence in 2003, another sex offence of the same type in 2009 and again after him applying in 2014 for unsupervised contact. He had another female child during this time who was taken away from him. He was also, just after he applied for the unsupervised contact in 2014, charged with a different sex offence, which he was later acquitted of. My son was diagnosed with Aspergers, ADHD, mild ODD and mild Tourettes in 2007 and his father has also now been diagnosed with Aspergers and ADD which assisted him with his last court case. His father was previously under the mental health team until this diagnosis. I have had an ongoing battle to maintain the supervised contact with s/services. They have now advised that the contact order ends next year after my sons 16th birthday, what can i do as my son is extremely emotionally immature, vulnerable and not street smart and has obvious issues due to his diagnoses which have not been helped by his fathers own issues. When his father applied for unsupervised contact in 2014 (my son was then 13) the judge refused unsupervised and stated he felt no other judge would agree to it either ! I feel nothing has changed, help !
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. I am a qualified family law solicitor.
Can you confirm whether the court order was granted under public law proceedings (eg. with the Local Authority as the Applicant) or in private law proceedings?
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your question.My name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhat is the actual pattern of contact and is there any family member who could supervise?Does your son enjoy the Contact?
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, just chasing a response to the further information required so that I can assist you.
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, this question remains open. Please could you provide the requested information so that I can assist you.