How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35056
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Can I file divorce on the ground of adultery if my husband

Customer Question

Can I file for a divorce on the ground of adultery if my husband has admitted to seeing someone 5 months after we separated ( not legally) but I know it started just a month after he left but has only just told me?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Is it likely that you ex will agree to a divorce on this ground?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm not sure he will he doesn't see he has done anything wrong. But I have got texts from her saying they love each other. I'm an certain the have had sex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What will that mean for him?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
The ground used for divorce makes no difference to the outcome on finances or regarding the children.
Adultery is a hard ground to prove unless there is a written admission as it involves evidence of the actual act itself.
On that basis it is always easier to issue a petition based on his Unreasonable Behaviour in respect of the time and attention he is giving to someone else and the distress that causes you
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details