How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Myself an husband have a signed separation we have two children

Customer Question

Myself an husband have a signed separation we have two children 4 and 3 years. He signed his share of the house to me When I ask him for maintenance for the children he says he will want have the house which I pay for can he legally do this
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will assist you.
It is my understanding that you are separating from your husband but you have not yet divorced. Your husband has given up his share in your property and this is now in your sole name - is this correct?
Please may I also ask:-
- have you submitted a consent order to the court for approval?
- what equity was in the house?
- any other matrimonial assets?
- what are your respective earning positions?
Kind Regards