How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

My ex husband has recently had his contract of employment terminated

Customer Question

My ex husband has recently had his contract of employment terminated and intends to start a business. We have two sons aged 17 and 14 in full time education and a 19 year old at university. Currently there is no agreement in place with regard to child maintenance payments or tertiary education support my ex husband refused to have anything include in our financial settlement. He is now moving in with his girlfriend as he cannot afford his flat and will be seeing his children less often. What are my legal options as he has a significant amount of capital gained through the sale of the FMH earlier this year? he has the capital to pay but is relying on the fact that he has no earned income which means as he puts it "no legal obligation to pay."
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my nest to help you but I need some further information firstHas there been a final capital settlement?