Clare, I have moved out of a property which I owned 16%

Hi Clare, I have moved out of a property which I owned 16% of, my partner and I were not married but had been together for 20 years, he made me sign a piece of paper saying I owed him £25,000 which would be deducted from my 16% can he do this?
When did you sign this and what was it meant to be for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello Clare,My ex partner paid off my credit cards for money spent on the house and various other things basically for our life together. He wants to deduct that from the 16% (70,000) that I input for the buying of our home. But he keeps all the items that I bought, which were part of the credit card bill. I signed this March 2015
Would you like the items involved?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, I had to downsize considerably, and it wouldn't be practicable. My main concern is can he take half of my money even if I have signed a consent?
is a sale imminent?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, although I have signed for my 16% with a solicitor, it is very much his house!
Ah i see - when will you get your money?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have no idea, nothing in process at the moment, might be waiting a long time!
Do you have a copy of the Declaration of Trust protecting your investment?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not on me, the solicitors would have a copy I presume?
They should - and you need to see it as it should tell you how you can trigger a sale and the release of your fundsOnce you have this you can decide what action you wish to take.You can certainly challenge the document that you signed - if he has kept the goods then he should keep the debt and you signed under duress.I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is Clare thank you for your help
You are most welcome