How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34897
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My father died. He was a bad man and I have had nothing

Customer Question

My father died. He was a bad man and I have had nothing to do with him for a number of years. However I am the name on the will. I want nothing to do with this at all. Can I legally refuse and have nothing more to do with the will?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall dd my best to help youYou are indeed entitled to refuse any bequest if you so wish.If you are named as Executor then you can also refuse to act on it.I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare