How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kasare Your Own Question
Kasare, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1301
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Kasare is online now

I have been separated from my husband years and now

Customer Question

I have been separated from my husband for 19 years and now have a 17 year old birth son, a 3 year old adopted son and I am due to go to panel to be approved to adopt for a second time in a couple of weeks. My social workers manager has raised the following
question: Would my husband have Parental Responsibility for my children ? Please help
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Kasare replied 2 years ago.
Hi thank you for your question, I will try to assist you with this. So you have been separated from your husband for 19 years but not divorced? Are you in a relationship at this time? Is your husband the father of your birth son? Or if not, is the father involved?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I am not in a relationship. No my husband is not my birth sons father and his father is named on his birth certificate and has irregular contact
Expert:  Kasare replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for coming back to me, sorry for the delay replying. Then the answer you would give is no, your husband does not have parental responsibility for your children. If you are applying to adopt as a sole parent, I fail to see the need for the question being raised by them. Good luck with the adoption and if you need anything else, please let me know.