How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1368
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

I also would like to know how i can get a contact order

Customer Question

i also would like to know how i can get a contact order inforced that has been stopped by the parent with care.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
If there is a Contact Order in place and the other parent is not complying - then the person who has the benefit of the order can return matters back to court to seek enforcement.
The matter must first be referred to a mediation service. If agreement cannot be reached at mediation then an application to enforce is made on Form C100. Send to local family court.
The court can sanction the party failing to comply including fines/ community order. Although courts may be unwilling to sanction at first - they will if there are repeated failings.
Kind Regards
Please kindly remember to rate positively so that we receive credit for our work
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
how do i sort out mediation when i do not know where the other party is living??
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your response.
If you explain the situation to a mediator they will likely sign off the form you need to make the application to the court. If you google Family Mediation in your area then give them a call and explain your circumstances.
If relation to making the application to the court - the other persons address is required. If you don't know it you should ask the court to make a Department of Work and Pensions disclosure request so that the Court can serve the papers.
Kind Regards
Positive feedback is gratefully received