How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Both my son and i are Portuguese resident in spain the father

Customer Question

Both my son and i are Portuguese resident in spain the father is a british citizen. We were never married but were together for 12 years. Separated several months ago. Can i take him to court in the UK to demand for child support?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstIn fact you have a choice of venue.You can issue sinSpain and enforce in the Uk - or you can simply issue and then enforce in the Uk if you wishI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare