How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35574
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I acted as a sperm donor to married lesbian friend with no

Customer Question

I acted as a sperm donor to married lesbian friend with no signed agreement. Now my daughter has been born, can I apply for access as I now wish to be involved?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. I am a qualified family law solicitor.
Given that there is no agreement is in place, I would suggest that you attempt, through correspondence for some level of contact to begin. If that fails then you should make a referral to a local mediator (you can find one here:, in order to reach an amicable agreement. If this fails, you will be able to apply to court for a child arrangement order application.
You will need to demonstrate your intentions and commitment to remain in her life throughout her upbringing. The court will need to see that your relationship will not disrupt her life.
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I have been a family lawyer for 30 years.Please confirm whether or not this was a private arrangement - and were your friend and her spouse registered as co parents?