How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34895
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My daughter is moving in with me and my new partner do I have

Customer Question

My daughter is moving in with me and my new partner do I have to give my new full address to my ex
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information first.How old is the child and why do you wish to with hold your address?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My daughter is 9 and I dont think it is any of her bussiness if she doesn't need to know also my daughter has a phone and she knows my number so she can keep in contact
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
I am afraid that since your ex has Parental Responsibility for the child she is entitled to know where the child is living unless there is a record of abuse which makes it unsafe for her to have the information.
Sorry to give bad news, please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She is signing her over to me so isn't that giving up parental responsibility
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
No I am afraid the only way that she will lose Parental Responsibility is if the child is adopted.