How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1431
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

Madam I have recently had an affair and the woman

Customer Question

Dear Sir/Madam
I have recently had an affair and the woman I am with is currently going through divorce proceedings.
Her legal husband has threatened a court injunction against me if I visit her at her home or if I see her with her children (both of whom know about me as I am the eldest teacher).
Firstly, would he be able to get a court injunction stopping me visiting the house and secondly if he did, would that lead to jurisdictions with my job as a teacher?
Many thanks *****
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Hello Rhys
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will assist.
please may I ask:
- does the man say you are harassing his wife?
- does the wife still want to see you?
- have the police ever been called?
Kind Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello *****'m not harassing her, we are in a relationship. Police have never been called and she wants to see me.ThanksRhys
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Hello Rhys
Thank you for you response.
My sincere apologies for my delay in responding to you today.
If there is no harassment then you do not need to worry about an injunction being pursued against you.
You need to be pursuing a course of behaviour that amounts to harassment for a non molestation order to be obtained against you.
Please do not hesitate to ask if I can clarity anything for you.
Kind Regards
Positive feedback is gratefully received