How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My ex earns 67k per annum. He has offered £400 per month as

Customer Question

My ex earns 67k per annum. He has offered £400 per month as child maintenance for our 15 year old son - is this an accurate and fair amount? We are not communicating verbally and he is insistent he will not pay any more
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. I am a qualified family law solicitor.
Is that his gross income?
How many nights a week does your son spend overnight with your ex, and does your ex have any other children in his household?
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I Have been a family lawyer for 30 years.that figure would only be sufficient if he has the child for at least three nights a week OR he has other children living in his home.In the absence of either fact then it is not sufficient and if you applied to the CMS/CSA he would need to pay more.You can check the position here ask if you need further details
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
I apologise for my colleagues interjection. I think it would have been better to provide you an answer based on the responses to my questions so that it is clear for you.
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, this question remains open. Please let me know if you have any further questions.
If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively so that the question can be closed.