How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34895
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Going through uk divorce proceedings....although live in

Customer Question

going through uk divorce proceedings....although live in decree nisi already...trying to sort out financials...the reason we got uk jurisdiction was because ther plan was to move back last summer so i could start work again (registered general nurse) but since then ex refused to allow children and therefore i to leave...
therefore can only work cleaning etc....he earns over 75,000 a away for 3.5 weeks where all costs are paid for by employer , next 2.5 weeks in france with kids...
i have asked for spousal support which he says is unreasonable....i gave up my career for this marriage and o have a family....20 years together and im left cleaning toilets....he has agreed to child maintenance of csa amount £141 per week...
am i asking too much to ask for spousal support???
if im not asking too much then how much ish can i apply for...i dont want to be unreasonable but hes forcing us to stay in france where he knows my career cant progress
hes also saying now that he will get a job abroad so that he doesn't have to pay anything...even child maintenance...
any help would be greatly received
thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is***** shall do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhat is the capital situation?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Family home was sold in April and proceeds split 55% to me 45% to ex as French property lawyer refused to hold onto the money...i received 44,000 euros and ex 36,000
No other capital...since split he's restricted money to £800 a month and has kept the rest (he brings home £3600/mth)...this is since Aug 2013....hes always refused to do form e for my solicitor...shes insisting he does now but I'm worried its going to cost me more in fighting this than what I might get...hope that answers your question...
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
OKYou do in fact have an excellent claim for spouse maintenance if your ex will not allow you to return to the UK to work.Frankly I would suggest that you make the financial applictaion immediately - and also seek advise form a French Lawyer about applying for an Order allowing you to return with the children to the UKI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details