How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35044
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My child was born in 2013, father lives in Australia, hasn't

Customer Question

My child was born in 2013, father lives in Australia, hasn't and doesn't pay for child maintenance, but his name isn't on the birthd certificate. How do I pursue child maintenance in this circumstance
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhat evidence do you have that he is the father?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi ClareThank you for getting back to me so promptly. I only have written acceptance from him referring to himself as the father. His mother spends some time with my son, and identifies herself as his grandmother, which she is. However both grandmother and father refuse to contribute financially.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
You have two options available to you
You can start court proceedings here in the UK for the Court to set a payment which can then be enforced in Australia using the Reciprocal Enforcement of Maintenance Orders process
OR you can apply to the Australian CSA to set an amount
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details