How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34907
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My ex husband has a residency order son and daughter

This answer was rated:

My ex husband has a residency order for my son and daughter he says I dont have any parental rights or responsibility of my children is this true? My daughter is 10 years old and no longer wishes to live with her father child services are also involved. What happens will I have to go back to court again because if I do then unfortunately I wouldn't be able to pay due to financial difficulties.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** i shall do my best to help you.Your ex is incorrect - you do still have Parental Responsibility for your children and the right to be consulted on all major issues regarding their lives.If there is a dispute about who your daughter lives with you may have to go back to court - but you are entitled to represent yourself if you wishPlease ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Thankyou for clarifying this if I was to represent myself at court would this still cost me money?
No not at all
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thankyou sorry just one last thing. As my daughter has already told child services she no longer wishes to live with her father would there be any reason why she couldn't come back and live with myself? And do child services not have the authority to remove the child and place her back into my care.
Why did the children move to live with their father to start with?
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He got residency due to me been alcohol dependent. But I have now been alcohol free for 6 years and no longer drink at all
Provided you can prove that if necessary then there is no reason why the child cannot return to your care.Children Services have the power to do this - but that does not mean that they will be willing to get involved I am afraid