How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Me and my brother owen house if l leave do l still owen half

This answer was rated:

me and my brother owen house if l leave do l still owen half of house.or if he went in to nursing home do they take half of house.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is***** shall do my best to help you but I need some further information firstDo you ever wish to return to the property?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
l would like to sale it if my brother died.but l might
The fact that you are no longer leaving the property doe snot mean that you lose your share of it.
However of your brother does have to go into a Care home and has no other way of paying for it then yes the Local Authority will be able to insist on a sale so that his half of the monies can be used to pay for his care.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you