How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34907
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Clare, me and my ex have seperated and she has been to

Customer Question

Hi Clare, me and my ex have seperated and she has been to her solicitor regarding the house.. She says she is entitled to half my business even tho she has made no financial contribution to it? I did employee her as an employee...
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Hi SamThank you for your question.was she paid the full going rate as an employee?Clare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
In that case she cannot make a claim on the business.The only basis on which she could have done is if she had helped build it up as your partner rather than your fully paid employee!I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare,I paid for a call back Friday but never received it. Could you call again?Thanks,Sam
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
You did indeed - I did try but you were out.Idid not keep a record of your number - can you send it again?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's *********** thanks
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
I shall ask for the number to be taken off!