How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My partner is currently going through a divorce. He moved in

This answer was rated:

My partner is currently going through a divorce. He moved in with me a year ago. The divorce was already going ahead at that time. His wife is asking for a 70 - 30 split in her favour, regards ***** ***** though she did not contribute to the household bills. She is also asking about his pensions. Her solicitor wants to know if we are co habiting, to which we have said no, because we think that if they know we are, they will try to claim some of my pension too. Is that correct? Can she do that? I retired four years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Hi, thanks for your question. I am a qualified family law solicitor.
In relation to your assets and pension, no his ex-wife cannot make a claim for this. Only his assets will be considered.
I would highly suggest that your partner is full and frank about all his disclosure and position, as if it is later found that he has been dishonest then his ex-wife may think that he is not being truthful in any of their negotiations. Furthermore, if he does not fully disclose his assets and financial position, and after a court order is made it is found that he has concealed or failed to disclose finances, then the court order can be overturned and reconsidered.
Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you