How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I have a 16 year old who has money in a savings account

Customer Question

Hi I have a 16 year old who has money in a savings account (the money has come from the sale of her property with her concent), she wants unrestricted access to the money but I am worried about her squandering it. What are my options please
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
my e-mail address is***@******.***
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question.Is the account in her sole name or is it in your name for her benefit.if it is in her sole ne she will have the right tonaccessnit as she wants, obviously depending on the terms of the account.If it is in your ne you can refuse to withdraw from it.However, from more practical view, have you thought about agreeing a set allowance to provide fr the account?___Please rate positively if you found this helpful.
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively so that the question can be closed.