How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35042
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My ex partner is having my child but won't name me on birth

This answer was rated:

My ex partner is having my child but won't name me on birth certificate how do I stand on visiting?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do I have the rite for my name on birth certificate ?
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youYou have no rights at all until the child is born.Once the child is born you cannot insist on registering the birth with her - BUT you can apply to the courts to be added at a later date.Whether or not your name is ***** ***** birth certificate the law says that a child is entitled to ocntact with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessaryWith a small baby to guide is little and often - so an hour two or three times a week and building up from there.You shoudl try and discuss it with your ex using Family Mediation can read more here ask if you need further detailsClare
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks my baby is due in April and my ex partner has cut all contact with me ,you have helped thanks
You are welcome - good luck